Petroleum is recovered mostly through oil drilling (natural petroleum springs are rare). This comes after the studies of structural geology (at the reservoir scale), sedimentary basin analysis, reservoir characterization (mainly in terms of the porosity and permeability of geologic reservoir structures). It is refined and separated, most easily by distillation, into a large number of consumer products, from gasoline (petrol) and kerosene to asphalt and chemical reagents used to make plastics and pharmaceuticals. Petroleum is used in manufacturing a wide variety of materials, and it is estimated that the world consumes about 90 million barrels each day.
- The Alere Determine™ TB LAM Ag test empowers you, at the point-of-care, to screen for active TB in HIV positive patients, providing results in just minutes.
- Offers optimal performance in HIV positive patients with advanced immunosuppression.
- A useful tool for detecting sputum smear negative patients.
- Diagnose both pulmonary and extra pulmonary TB from one convenient urine sample.
- Enhanced power comes through combination with methods such sputum smear microscopy or the Xpert® MTB/RIF test.
- Uses unprocessed urine as the validated sample type.
- An antigen (Ag) detection test, and detects the LAM antigen.
- LAM, lipoarabinomannan, is a structurally important component of the outer cell wall of mycobacteria that is shed from metabolically active or degrading cells, is cleared by the kidney and detectable in urine.
- Results in 25 minutes.